Movie actors feature certain brands in their movies by showing the brands while using them in different scenes.
In Madhur Bhandarkar’s upcoming movie ‘Heroine’ Kareena Kapoor is going to feature eight different brands. The brands to be featured in the movie include Lakme, Head & Shoulders, Monarch Universal, Cera, Rupa, Jealous 21, Sugarfree and Cocoberry. Kareena herself endorses the first four brands and the other four brands will be integrated to the film in various promotional activities.
It is reported that this will be the first time a female centric movie features that many brands at once.
According to Hindustan times, previous women-centric movies with brand association include:
- Fashion (2008) – associated with four brands — Sunsilk, Lenovo, Reebok and Kimaya
- Aisha (2010) – associated with three brands — L’Oréal, Christian Dior Couture and DLF Emporio.
Other big brand associated movies include:
- Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One (2011) was associated with Sony PlayStation, Nerolac, McDonald’s, Western Union Money Transfer, Videocon, Nokia, Coke, and Cinthol
- Aamir Khan’s 3 Idiots (2009) was associated with Fortis, Reliance Life Insurance, Tata Tea, Airtel, Pantaloons, and Mahindra Two Wheelers
- Salman Khan‘s Bodyguard was associated with Audi Q7, Maxo Coil, Tupperware, Sony Vaio, and BlackBerry